TOKYO (Reuters) – The dollar was steady in holiday-thinned trading on Tuesday, shrugging off upbeat Japanese economic data as most market participants have already closed their books for the year.
Markets in Australia and Hong Kong remained closed after Monday’s Christmas holiday, and many financial centers in Europe will also be shut on Tuesday.
The euro was steady at $1.1871 . The single currency gave up some ground last week after Catalan separatists won a regional election, deepening Spain’s political crisis in a sharp rebuke to Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy and European Union leaders who backed him.
Against the yen, the dollar was almost flat on the day at 113.29 .
“Yesterday and today, major markets are closed, so it’s difficult to see clear direction at the moment, and we need to think about what will happen in the beginning of next year,” said Masafumi Yamamoto, chief currency strategist for Mizuho Securities in Tokyo.
“I still believe that the passage of the U.S. tax bill and the avoidance of the government shutdown are positive for the dollar,” he said. “In a relative sense, the dollar has an advantage.”
Last week, the U.S. Congress approved a tax code overhaul that was expected to give at least a short-term lift to already solid economic growth. They also pushed through a measure to fund the federal government through Jan. 19, averting agency shutdowns.
The market had a muted reaction to data released early on Tuesday which showed that Japan’s core consumer prices rose for the 11th straight month, up 0.9 percent year-on-year, and household spending jumped in November.
While the inflation rate remains distant from the Bank of Japan’s 2 percent target, the rise offered some hope that a steady economic recovery will gradually drive up prices.
Still, the BOJ kept monetary policy steady last week and its governor reassured markets the central bank will lag well behind overseas peers in ending its ultra-easy policies.
Minutes of the BOJ’s October meeting, released on Tuesday, showed most members shared the view that the central bank should maintain its easy policy.
The dollar index, which tracks the greenback against a basket of six major rivals, edged down 0.1 percent to 93.253 (DXY).
Cryptocurrency bitcoin was last up 1.7 percent at $14,142.33 (BTC=BTSP) on the Bitstamp exchange.
WE HAVE CREATED A TELEGRAM CHANNEL AND YOU CAN JOIN OUR CHANNEL TO GET THE LATEST UPDATES:
TO GET MORE BENEFITS
JOIN OUR DAY TRADING TELEGRAM CHANNEL BY DONATING 25.- USD ( MONTHLY ). DONATE AND SEND US AN EMAIL YOU WILL BE ADDED TO CHANNEL. AND YOU WILL BE ADDED TO OUR BILLION DOLLARS PROJECT AS WELL.
Warning: All markets trade in different phases; bull and bear markets don’t start overnight. Markets build through three major phases and depending on the time frame you are trading, you will see different phases.
If you enter a trade by analysing the H4 chart frame, this is just a day trading, your stop loss and take profit levels must be set up accordingly.
WARNING ABOUT TRADE IDEAS
- We enter trades on different pairs and we look for other trade opportunities. So we recommend you to enter trades with the smaller size.
- Do not exceed 10% margin.
- Stop Loss and Take Profit Levels are +/- 15 pips minimum.
- If we do not publish an update close the 40% of your position on the TP1 level and move your stop loss to entry level.
- Some trades ( especially with 300-500 pips profit target) can take 5-6 days to hit the targets. If you do not have patience, do not enter the trade.
- Our aim is to close each with week 2500-3000 pips profit minimum.
- If we mention as “pullbacks are buying/selling “ opportunities and we publish pullback levels, you do not need to wait for a signal from us. Use these opportunities at the mentioned levels.
- All markets trade in different phases; bull and bear markets don’t start overnight. Markets build through three major phases and depending on the time frame you are trading, you will see different phases. If you enter a trade by analysing the H4 chart frame, this is just a day trading, your stop loss and take profit levels must be set up accordingly